Tuesday, July 22, 2008

The Loss of Pastor Tim Bartel

Today we mourn the loss of our dear brother Tim Bartel, the former pastor of Arrowsmith Baptist Church who was currently serving at the District Executive Minister of the Baptist Conference of British Columbia. Pastor Tim passed away yesterday afternoon after he suffered a heart attack while on holiday at a cabin in Penticton. Please pray for Cynthia and the family as they grieve through their loss. Funeral/memorial arrangements are forthcoming.

Jamie McDonald, the president of the Baptist General Conference of Canada, wrote that Tim has "preceded us to be with the Lord. Did he cut in line? Or does God see the lineup differently than we do? We are all only a heart beat away from eternity."

"Let not your hearts be troubled. Believe in God; believe also in me. In my Father’s house are many rooms. If it were not so, would I have told you that I go to prepare a place for you? And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and will take you to myself, that where I am you may be also." (John 14:1-3)

No comments:

Post a Comment