Friday, March 6, 2009

Our Biggest Problem

The other day I saw a sign on a mirror that said: “Objects in mirror may appear bigger than they actually are.” And when I looked in the mirror I saw “me” – bigger than I really am. I also realized that’s my biggest problem – a bigger “me.”

In reality this is the root of all our problems – seeing ourselves bigger than we actually are. This could easy be the definition for pride, which is the root of all sin. Someone once said that pride is taking ourselves too seriously and not taking God seriously enough. The apostle Paul said the same thing this way:

For by the grace given to me I say to everyone among you not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think, but to think with sober judgment, each according to the measure of faith that God has assigned. (Romans 12:3)

No comments:

Post a Comment