Saturday, July 18, 2009

Our 28th Wedding Anniversary

An excellent wife who can find? She is far more precious than jewels. (Proverbs 31:10)

Today my wife Nancy and I have been married 28 years. In the midst of everyday life I find her love for Jesus and her love for me to be the rock I can always hold onto. I truly look forward to what God has for us together in the next 28 years - I love you Nancy!




















Here is a post about our 28th anniversary from our daughter Jennifer.

28 things I have learned from my parents:

1. How to start food fights.
2. To step out in faith and be obedient to the Lord - even when He is calling you to do things that don't make sense.
3. Doorstops keep wolverines away.
4. You shouldn't quit playing baseball just because you get hit in the head by the ball twice within five minutes.
5. Memorizing Scripture is important.
6. It is good to laugh - a lot!
7. "Happy Birthday" is meant to be sung as off key as possible.
8. You always finish what you start.
9. How to ride a horse.
10. What to do when sewage comes up the drain in the basement.
11. How to budget and pay my bills.
12. How to milk a goat.
13. To pay attention and sit still in church.
14. Hearts is the best card game ever.
15. Things that are hard are good for you - that is how you grow.
16. To read things that are weighty and hard to understand.
17. That that joy of the Lord is our strength!
18. That family is a priority.
19. To respect authority.
20. How to polka.
21. That is it important to try my best in school and to improve - that grades aren't the most important thing but what you learn is.
22. We never stop learning.
23. Bluegrass music is amazing.
24. How to take everything to the Lord in prayer.
25. To be thankful for all the Lord has done.
26. Animals are meant for eating (even your pet cow Gretchen).
27. That this world is not my home - to enjoy and thrive upon traveling and making transitions.
28. To not waste my life...to do all things for the glory of God!


Thanks Mom & Dad for teaching me so much! Happy Anniversary!

No comments:

Post a Comment