Friday, July 24, 2009

Where Evil Lies - Alexander Solzhenitsyn and Paul of Tarsus

from The Gulag Archipelago by Alexander Solzhenitsyn

If only there were evil people somewhere insidiously committing evil deeds and it were necessary only to separate them from the rest of us and destroy them. But the line dividing good and evil cuts through the heart of every human being.
from Romans 7:18-20 in The Holy Bible by the Apostle Paul

For I know that nothing good dwells in me, that is, in my flesh. For I have the desire to do what is right, but not the ability to carry it out. For I do not do the good I want, but the evil I do not want is what I keep on doing. Now if I do what I do not want, it is no longer I who do it, but sin that dwells within me.

1 comment:

  1. Pastor Lee
    This sounds familiar. We are quick to point our finger at others rather than searching our own heart. Lee Shelton found you on the net and forwarded it to me. Continue your good work. I see Peter Lee every once in the while.
    Jerry Seehusen

    ReplyDelete