Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Abide in Christ: All You Who Have Come to Him - Andrew Murray

Having just finished memorizing John 15:1-12, I am now working through Andrew Murray’s 31 day devotional “Abide in Christ: Thoughts on the Blessed Life of Fellowship with the Son of God’ - which is based on John 15:1-12. I will be posting a few quotes from each day on a regular basis. Below is the first day.
Abide in Me: All You Who Have Come To Him

"Come to me . . ." Matthew 11:28)
"Abide in me . . ." (John 15:4)

Observe especially it was not that He said, “Come to me and abide with me,” but, “Abide in me.” The intercourse was not only to be unbroken, but most intimate and complete. He opened His arms, to press you to His bosom; He opened His heart, to welcome you there; He opened up all His divine fullness of life and love, and offered to take you up into its fellowship, and make you wholly with Himself.

. . . Oh, let us enter in and abide, and enjoy to the full all the rich supply His wondrous love hath prepare for us!

Come, my brethren, and let us day by day set ourselves at His feet, and meditate on this word of His, with an eye fixed on Him alone. Let us set ourselves in quiet trust before Him, waiting to hear His holy voice – the still small voice that is mightier than the storm that rends the rocks – breathing its quickening spirit within us, as He speaks, “Abide in me.”

No comments:

Post a Comment