Saturday, December 26, 2009

What Are You Reading?

Great are the works of the Lord, studied by all who delight in them. (Psalm 111:2)

Recently someone asked me what book I was currently reading. As I began to answer, I realized that at any given time I am working through a number of books at the same time – because I love books and love to read, and also because as a pastor I am continually learning, leading, teaching and mentoring by the means of books. Here is the list of books that I am currently reading through (not including the Bible) :

Broken-Down House: Living Productively in a World Gone Bad by Paul David Tripp (personal reading)
Abide in Christ by Andrew Murray (morning devotions)
Psalm 1-89: The Lord Saves by Eric Lane (morning devotions)
Serious Times: Making Your Life Matter in an Urgent Day by James Emery White (study with elders)
A Few Good Men by Richard Coekin (study with men’s mentoring group and with my son Micah)
A Call to Spiritual Reformation: Priorities from Paul and His Prayers by D.A. Carson (study for sermon series)
The Pursuit of Holiness by Jerry Bridges (study with our small group)
A New Kind of Church by Aubrey Malphurs (study for final credentialing with BGCC)

No comments:

Post a Comment