Friday, February 5, 2010

Is the Super Bowl Really Super?

“If it’s the ultimate game how come they’re playing it again next year?”
Duane Thomas - running back, Dallas Cowboys, interviewed the day before the 1972 Super Bowl

“Why do I have three Super Bowl rings and still think there’s something greater out there for me? I mean, maybe a lot of people would say, ‘Hey man, this is what is.’ I reached my goal, my dream, my life. I think, ‘God, it’s got to be more than this.’ I mean this isn’t, this can’t be what it’s all cracked up to be.”
Tom Brady - quarterback, New England Patriots, interviewed on 60 Minutes, 2009

“You made us for yourself, and our hearts find no peace till they rest in you.”
Augustine - Bishop of Hippo

"Whom have I in heaven but you? And there is nothing on earth that I desire besides you. My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever."
Asaph - Psalm 73:25-26, in the Holy Bible

No comments:

Post a Comment