Friday, April 9, 2010

Give Me Jesus

I just noticed today that I’ve not posted since last Saturday. While I have a number of good reasons for not doing so (personal, family, ministry, church, etc.) – I believe the biggest reason is that it's hard to go back to life as usual after focusing on the crucifixion and resurrection. One might call it spiritual warfare (which it is), but I also sense there is also a battle within my own heart which is also at work – the back and forth of my own fallen nature, a mixture of emotional and spiritual highs and lows, praise and sadness, wonder and worry.

I imagine it must have been the same for the disciples during the time between the resurrection and the ascension. In Acts 1:4 we read that our Lord “ordered them not to depart from Jerusalem, but to wait for the promise of the Father” – which after Jesus ascended into heaven would be the coming of the Holy Spirit who would dwell within them. This is a good reminder that we are not to stay focused on our struggles, but on Jesus. Just as Christ rose from the dead and on into glory, our Father has promised He will also lift us above our fallen, sinful nature by the power of His Spirit.


No comments:

Post a Comment