Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Roger Clemens: Immature Faith Choked by the Weeds of the World?

Retired baseball star Roger Clemens says he's looking forward to fighting perjury and other charges brought against him Thursday and again denied he ever used performance-enhancing drugs. A federal grand jury in Washington has charged the seven-time Cy Young winner with perjury, obstruction of Congress and making false statements over his insistence to a House committee that he never used steroids or human growth hormone. (CNN, August 20, 2010)

"I know that once you commit yourself really to Christ, you never drift away. I know that's the basis for why I'm here, why I'm able to succeed. I know there's a better life for me regardless of what I do here. I know that my father's always watching over me . . . but there's so much media and off-the-field stuff. . . ." (Roger Clemens, in an interview with Marvin Olasky in 1994)

"Now the parable is this: The seed is the word of God . . . as for what fell among the thorns, they are those who hear, but as they go on their way they are choked by the cares and riches and pleasures of life, and their fruit does not mature." (Jesus, speaking to the crowd in Luke 8:11, 14)

No comments:

Post a Comment