Monday, December 19, 2011

Loving Our Children as Our Father Loves Us

He shall cry to me, 'You are my Father, my God, and the Rock of my salvation.'And I will make him the firstborn, the highest of the kings of the earth. My steadfast love I will keep for him forever, and my covenant will stand firm for him. I will establish his offspring forever and his throne as the days of the heavens.
Psalms 89:26-29

Excerpt from “Jesus, Light of the World: Everlasting Father” – 2011-12-18
When children see their fathers passionately and intimately loving God in their everyday lives, they will become the children of God that God has purposed for them. There is no activity, no developed skill, no natural talent, no experience that can ever do that. God is our Father and we are His children. God did not sit on the sideline and encourage and exhort us; in Jesus Christ, He went in and played the game with them. Through Jesus Christ, God lived with us, loved with us, cried with us, laughed with us, hungered with us, struggled with us, suffered with us, died with us. God doesn’t just watch His children grow up, He rolls up His sleeves, gets down on the floor, and wrestles with them through the issues of everyday life with His children. We fathers are to do the same with our children, with our families. God is our “Everlasting Father.”