Monday, December 5, 2011

The Wonderful Will of God’s Sovereign Plan and Purpose

“Remember the former things of old; for I am God, and there is no other;
I am God, and there is none like me, declaring the end from the beginning
and from ancient times things not yet done, saying, ‘My counsel shall stand, and I will accomplish all my purpose,' calling a bird of prey from the east, the man of my counsel from a far country. I have spoken, and I will bring it to pass; I have purposed, and I will do it.”
Isaiah 46:9-11

Excerpt from “Jesus, Light of the World Wonderful Counselor” – 2011-12-04
We are entering a season when we remember and celebrate the wondrous fulfillment of God’s plan and purpose for our lives. Jesus Christ, emptied Himself from God, entered this world as a human being and lived as God among us. He hungered, he laughed, he cried, he slept, he ate, he got tired, he got hurt, he loved, and he was hated. He lived a common human existence in our midst. In being God among a people who see themselves as their own god, Jesus found Himself beaten, whipped, crucified and murdered on a cross. Those who killed him buried him in a tomb, hoping to bury their own guilt and pride and egos with him. But much to their chagrin Jesus rose from the dead, walked this earth, then rose again into heaven glorifying the name and honor and power of the one and only God who faithfully carried out the promise and purpose and plan He had made before creation ever existed. All according to Gods is will, God’s plan and God’s purpose. The birth of the Savior some 2000 years ago was an act of God’s will which caused a wonderful thing to happen to us because of God’s steadfast love for His people which was carried out according to His sovereign plan and divine purpose. Because it is so, we now have opportunity to be loved, to be forgiven, to be cleansed, to be restored, to live the life God created us for. All according to God’s sovereign plan and divine purpose - Jesus was and is our “Wonderful Counselor.” God has a will, a sovereign plan and a divine purpose for each one of us.