Friday, November 8, 2013

Pastor Saeed Transferred to Brutal Iranian Prison

November 4, 2013 
The ACLJ has confirmed through Pastor Saeed's family members in Iran that he has been moved from Evin Prison in Tehran to Rajai Shahr Prison in Karaj - an even more dangerous prison where he faces life-threatening conditions and treatment. . . . 
Pastor Saeed's wife Naghmeh gave the following statement in response to this disturbing turn of events: "The news of Saeed's transfer to this prison is most difficult to bear. I am devastated and I do not know what to tell my children. I am more concerned now about his safety than at any other time during his imprisonment. I can only imagine the torment and anguish he is experiencing. He is truly defenseless in this prison - defenseless from the abuse and violence of other prisoners - defenseless from a radical government that continues to violate his rights. I am grateful for everything our government has done in the past - but now during this most dangerous and uncertain time - I once again call on our government - including President Obama - to fight for Saeed's life and his freedom - to fight for this U.S. citizen. During this most difficult time, I am strengthened by my faith in Jesus Christ and I continue to pray for my husband's safety and his release. I am also very grateful for those who support Saeed and our family." 
To read the entire article, Click Here.
"Blessed are those who are persecuted for righteousness' sake, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. Blessed are you when others revile you and persecute you and utter all kinds of evil against you falsely on my account. Rejoice and be glad, for your reward is great in heaven, for so they persecuted the prophets who were before you." Matthew 5:10-12